INFORMATION THAT IDENTIFIES YOU
We rely on the information you provide to us as you register, contact us, participate in surveys, post comments to public areas of and interact with our web sites, respond to our email campaigns, and participate in webinars or online events. We may also add data from external sources including your professional interests on web sites other than ours. We will add information about how you interact with our offerings, your subscriptions, the events you attend, the content you download or read, and the like.
We may work to expand our communities by acquiring names and contact details from other sources that have compiled contact information. This information might be public information or data you provided with necessary permissions. We may also invite you to join our communities via third party social and professional networking sites.
AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
Some of our web sites use Adobe Flash to provide video content, and the Adobe Flash Player has the ability to separately store information about that particular Flash application. We do not associate this Adobe Flash stored information with you as an individual. Please see the Adobe Flash Player Help page for additional information about controlling the settings of the Adobe Flash Player on your computer.
We gather date, time, certain information about a user’s browser and system or device configuration and capabilities, navigation history and IP address for all visitors to our web sites. We use this information for our internal security audit log, for trend analysis and system administration and to gather broad information about our audiences and their geographic locations.
How we use information about you:
- To provide the services, publications, and information you request and to manage your account with us.
- To deliver or display content that matches your professional interests and responsibilities.
- To contact you with information about and invitations for products and services – ours and other companies – directed to your professional interests and responsibilities.
- To offer you opportunities to connect directly with your peers and with sellers of technology that may be of interest to you.
- For any other purpose that we tell you about when you give us the information.
You have a choice about and control over:
Connecting directly with other companies for marketing purposes. In addition to providing you with our own editorial content, we offer you the opportunity to access others’ branded content and expertise. When you choose to take advantage of that content or expertise, you choose to have your name and contact details transferred directly to that other company or companies. We will put you in direct contact when you choose to:
- Access a specific webcast, online event, web site, newsletter, or other offering which is sponsored or co-sponsored by another company. If you have enabled our automatic recognition cookie, as described below, you need only click to download or register for the asset or opportunity.
- Register for one of our virtual events with a number of exhibitors. We may give your name and contact details to all exhibitors and give the exhibitor whose booths and resources you access a record of your visits and interaction with content from that exhibitor.
- Attend one of our face-to-face events. Exhibitors may be given an attendance list for the event. It is up to you, however, to decide whether to leave your business card or allow your badge to be read by a particular exhibitor. Badges cannot be read remotely. A sponsor of a special, sponsored conference session will also be given information about you if you choose to attend that company’s session. Your future interaction with online content from an exhibitor or sponsor to whom you provided your contact data may also be tracked and disclosed to that exhibitor or sponsor.
Making information you provide public.
- We offer web sites that allow you to publish content. Many of these blog sites require that you have registered if you wish to comment. We will publish the user name you provide at registration when you comment. Some sites allow you to create a public profile as well.
- Our online event venues also require that you be registered with any of above mentioned online sites and allow you to have both public and closed communications with exhibitors and other participants. Information that identifies you will be published or shared according to your choices.
- Increasingly, we offer apps at our face to face events, allowing you to communicate and publish to others who have also downloaded the app.
- These apps and online communities may provide privacy controls which allow you to choose how much of your profile and other information to make public or to share with others within the community. As a professional, you remain responsible for locating the privacy controls (usually available on the page from which you can edit your profile), understanding how those controls, including default settings, work and protecting the information you provide.
Receiving email marketing messages from us.
- You may opt out of our email marketing lists by following the directions at the bottom of our promotional emails. Please note that we have a number of brands and products and allow you to opt out selectively. To remove a specific email address from all our brand email marketing you may make a request to [email protected]
- Please note that you may receive email marketing messages from us about other companies’ offerings as part of a list rental or partner marketing programs – but only if you have given us permission to do so. We do not disclose your contact details to the partners, and we do not sell your data. You have the option of contacting the other company directly if you click on the links within the email. To opt out of our partner marketing programs, you may follow the instructions at the bottom of any email we send you as part of the program.
Whether your account information is up to date. Please help us keep your account information up to date. You may update most online registrations by consulting the particular web site itself or visiting a preference page after you have logged on to the site.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT COOKIES
You also have choices about cookies:
Our cookies. We place cookies that identify you, or allow third parties to do so on our behalf, for the following purposes:
- To recognize you automatically when you return to any of our web sites or online offerings or registration pages.
- To understand your interests in content, both our own content and that of other companies, on or across our web sites.
- To control access to gated online events including webinars and virtual events.
- To make an automated record of your interests within a virtual event.
- To manage and follow up on email campaigns.
You may use the tools in your browser to decline, disable, or delete any cookies.
You may choose to be recognized automatically when you visit any of our brands online properties or access any co-branded or sponsored content or opportunity, for example, a webinar. We hope this capability makes your experience with us easier. If you do not enable the automatic recognition cookie, or block it after you have allowed it, you will simply be asked to log in or register on every site and as you access or register to attend any co-branded or sponsored offering.
We use two separate cookies to record your professional interests on our properties. The first records your behavior on our sites and any online offerings, primarily what content you read or download. The second allows us to manage email campaigns and to record your interests in email content. We use these two tracking cookies to tailor the marketing messages we send to you and to begin to personalize what you see when you visit our web sites. If you use your browser tools to block or disable either cookie then we will not be able to tailor your experience to your interests.
You must accept the session cookie used to manage access to registration-only online events for the duration of your participation in the event.
- Each of the third parties that serve ads to or advertising cookies on our web sites are members of the Network Advertising Initiative. The NAI offers useful information about ad networks and a single place to turn off targeted ad serving from any of its members.
We may add or change the list of Third Party Advertisers from time to time without changing the effective date of the Statement itself. We urge you to check this section for changes regularly.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We reserve the right to disclose information about you to third parties in certain circumstances: to vendors that work on our behalf, to law enforcement or other entities that present valid legal process, to protect human safety or our networks or property, or as part of a sale or our merger of business assets.
We use reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect personal information against theft, loss, or misuse. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or storage can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. As a result, while we strive to protect information about you and your professional interests, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you give to us. You remain responsible for protecting your user name and passwords and for the security of information in transit to us over the Internet.
Please note that virtual events may mimic face-to-face events by automatically displaying information about you to other participants in the event. We cannot control how other participants use that displayed information, so please take a moment to make sure you understand how a particular virtual event works and what choices you have within the environment.
Our products, services, events and offerings are directed to professionals. If we create a special offering for children under the age of thirteen, we will also create privacy practices and policies appropriate for that age group.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Accelerated Strategies Group, Inc.
751 Park of Commerce Drive, Suite 108
Boca Raton, Fl 33487